Starting tomorrow, I will try to follow a strict schedule for myself. I noticed that I’m wasting way too much time if my activities are not pre-mapped to the 24 hours that I have. I tend to fly from one task to another, whichever I feel like doing, which ends up with me not being to accomplish much.
My new biological crontab:
- 05:30 – Get up. I will discipline myself to not hit the snooze button. I usually press the snooze button of my E71 until I accidentally hit the stop button, which ends up with me oversleeping (which still doesn’t reach 8 hours because I didn’t sleep early the previous night).
- 06:00 – Leave for work. It normally takes me an hour to prepare for work. This time, I’ll do it in 30 minutes.
- 08:00 – Arrive at the office. I wish I had a portkey so I can teleport myself to and from the office so I don’t have to go through the heavy traffic in Las Pinas, Alabang, and SLEX. My travel time to and from the office, which averages 4 hours daily, is eating up my life. Or maybe I can ask my manager if I can work at home once or twice or thrice a week. That’ll make me a happy employee. Hmmm… (wishful thinking)
- 17:00 – Go home. I’m not sure if I can save travel time if I go home early; Will adjust this schedule depending on the traffic.
- 19:00 – I should be home by this time; Dinner
- 19:30 – Geekery (read blogs, articles, books; blog/micro-blog; design, code)
- 21:30 – Free play; I can use this to extend my geekery time or probably watch a tv series or a movie or probably go to bed already so I can have 8 hours of sleep
- 22:30 – I should be in bed already and force myself to sleep; This will give me 7 hours of sleep.
“Do or do not. There is no try.” – Yoda